The night diving course will consist of:
Knowledge Development: Through homework, and the vast knowledge of your Learntodive PADI Instructor you will learn about the following-
- How to plan and organise night dives
- Techniques and potential problems of night diving
- Considerations for proper buoyancy control in the dark
- Considerations for navigation during night dives
- The proper use of dive lights, including animal behaviours
- In addition to the usual scuba diving equipment you use, you will be introduced to using dive torches
Open Water Dives: You will complete three open water dives, where you put the above theory into action. You may have the opportunity to have the large but friendly pike hunt by your torch light, view the numerous crayfish or witness the multitude of perch sleeping on the lake floor. All these unique occurrences are only possible in the twilight hours which you will discover over the three dives you will complete with us.
The course is run over two evenings (3 dives).
The cost of your night diving speciality course is £190
This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills, course materials and of course torches.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.