Wouldn’t it be nice not to have to miss a dive because something simple has broken which you don’t know how to fix?
Whether it’s a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments as a PADI Equipment specialist.
This course is perfect for times when you want to carry on your diving education but can’t or don’t want to get wet – no diving needed.
Please note this course is not an equipment service course – it provides you with the foundation you will need if you are interested in learning about minor equipment repairs.
During your course you will learn:
- How to care for and maintain basic scuba equipment
- How to care for and maintain your own equipment (you will be asked to bring it with you).
- Interesting background information about how your scuba gear works. The knowledge you will gain will help you:
- Be more comfortable with your kit
- Know how to get the best performance from it
- How to care for, maintain and store it
- How to prevent and overcome common kit problems
You will also have a chance to see and interact with many types of scuba gear and accessories including torches, gear bags, SMB’s, dive computers, regulators, dive knives, weight systems, photography equipment and much more.
The course takes on average one day.
The cost of the your equipment speciality course is £130.
You must be aged 10 or over. There is no maximum age.
Hold an Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent).
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.