A surface marker buoy or delayed surface marker buoy is one of the most important pieces of equipment a diver can carry. This course covers the knowledge and techniques required for the safe use of both types of SMB.
Your course will teach you:
- Why use a DSMB/SMB?
- Tides and currents
- Types of Surface Marker Buoys
- Types of Diving Reels
- Methods of delayed SMB deployment
- Potential problems with SMB use
- Preparing the DSMB for use
Your course will consist of some classroom work and two open water dives. After your dives you will be able to:
- Safely deploy a delayed SMB from a stationary point on the bottom.
- Conduct a tour whilst towing an SMB on the surface whilst demonstrating the ability to reel in and reel out
- Safely ascent whilst using an SMB line as a tactile reference
- Safely deploy a delayed SMB whilst hovering
Your course is run over one day and is £110 including all equipment.
For more information give us a call 01784 488007 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org